The graduation celebration and party happened almost as planned, but the stormy weather meant that the number of students was much smaller than expected, so the graduation and party was held in J205. About 50 people attended.
Congratulations to Tamer, Stase, Armando, Hai Yan, and Isabel who did the best job ever of singing the "Happy Christmas" song, and to Matevos who joined them for the last three lines. After their song, everyone present enjoyed a quiz game with prizes, jokes, another song, some fine speeches, and a few LINC Youth videos, including one on Computer Networking "starring" Paula's son!
After the LINC 6 and ELT students received their graduation certificates, we had brunch - a meal between breakfast and lunch. People brought plenty of delicious food, desserts, and drinks to share.
If anyone has photos, it would be great if you could post them.
A big thank you to everyone for coming to help make this day special for the LINC 6 and ELT graduates, and best wishes to all for a very happy holiday!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I am glad to hear that the song went well! Everywhere I go I hear that song and it makes me smile because I think of LINC 3! Yesterday I took my daughter and her friend shopping in Buffalo, New York, and I heard "Happy Christmas( War is Over) " in the mall there.And I smiled! I know all the words by heart!
ReplyDeleteI hope you all have a good rest and break over the holidays, but don't forget to SPEAK ENGLISH!